TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) is education and training which provides knowledge and skills for employment. TVET includes formal, non-formal and informal learning that prepare people with the knowledge and skills required in the world of work. TVET is recognised to be a crucial vehicle for social equity, inclusion and sustainable development.
Over the years, TVET has been called many names: apprenticeship training, vocational education, technical education, technical-vocational education, occupational education, vocational education and training, professional and vocational education, career and technical education, workforce education, workplace education, and others.
Unemployment is the number one challenge currently faced by young people in Nepal, and yet employers say they are unable to recruit people with the right skills. Nepal’s economy and future prosperity depends on ensuring that employers have the skilled workers to maintain and grow their businesses. The opportunities are there, but young people need the right skills to be able to access them. Skilled workers make individual companies and industry sectors more competitive, and skills development training helps to lift individuals out of the poverty cycle.
TVET offers a solution to both these issues, through the provision of high quality, relevant training to individuals. This is why the government and its partners are investing so significantly in TVET, to equip students with the skills they need to succeed in the world of work. In TVET, young people have the opportunity to learn from basic to advanced levels across a wide range of institutional and work settings.
The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) is committed to reducing the unemployment rate of Nepal, supporting Nepali youth to gain relevant skills required for the workplace. In addition to delivering quality training through CTEVT schools nationwide, key priorities of CTEVT are to improve public awareness on TVET and strengthen industry-TVET linkages in partnership with Nepali employers.
CTEVT through its constituted, partnership, TECS and privately affiliated schools has running various courses on Health, Engineering, Agriculture, Hospitality, Forestry and Various trades in Diploma level or proficiency certificate level. Meanwhile, TSLC level programs are offered in Health, Agriculture, Engineering, Social mobilization, office management, tourism etc. trades. The entry requirement for TSLC level is SEE appeared candidates for the course of 18 months whereas for the diploma programs student must secure at least 2 GPA with “C” in English, Math and Science for Health Subject and at least 1.6 GPA with “C” in Math and Science and “D” in English. Various proficiency/diploma and TSLC level programs are mentioned in details as follows:
Certificate/Diploma level programs: The entry requirement for 3 years certificate/diploma level programs is SEE passed.
- Diploma in Agriculture (Animal Science)
- Diploma in Agriculture (Plant Science)
- Diploma in Food and Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Geomatics Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Architecture Engineering
- Diploma in Hydropower Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Auto Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Bio-Medical Equipment Engineering
- Diploma in Ref. and A/C Engineering
iii) Health/Medical Science
- Proficiency Certificate in General Medicine
- Proficiency Certificate in Nursing
- Proficiency Certificate in Medical Lab Technology
- Proficiency Certificate in Radiography
- Proficiency Certificate in Ayurvedic Science
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Dental Science
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Science
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Acupuncture, Acupressure and Moxibustion
iv) Hospitality and others
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development
- Diploma in Social Works
- Diploma in Forestry
2) PRE DIPLOMA PROGRAM : The entry requirement for following Pre-Diploma programs is SEE completed
- JTA (Animal Science)
- JTA (Plant Science)
ii) Engineering (Sub-overseer)
- TSLC in Computer Engineering
- Air-conditioning and refrigerator
- Lab Assistant
iv) Hospitality and others
- Culinary Arts
- Social Mobilization
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Computer Application and Secretarial Management
- Hotel Management
CTEVT provides three categories of Scholarship
1. Classified Scholarship
This scholarship is provided to the hard-up students among Community/Government Schools, women, dalit, ethnic group, martyrs, former Kamaiya (poorly paid tenant), Haliaya (poorly paid plough man), Conflict Victims and disadvantaged groups of people. Province wise applications are collected through selected institute and provincial office and Entrance exam is conducted. Merits students on each category are allocated institute to study by CTEVT on reference to their applications on choice of the institute. Each institute is liable to afford classified scholarship to two students for programs with total quota 30, three students for programs with quota 40 and four students for the programs with quota 48 . Total seats are first calculate throughout the Province and divided by the percentage. .
2. Merit Scholarship
This scholarship is provided to one best performing student in each program of the entrance exam from among all the competitors who fills the form as full fee payers in the respective school and college. This applies for the first year admission, whereas for the scholarship of second and third years, the result of previous year / semester will be considered as the basis for scholarship.
3. Special Program
This is a annual program where the 500 students are selected from the Dalit, Musalman, Marginalized, and Remote Places through separate entrance process and class are conducted on predefined institute, Students total fees are waived along with hostel and fooding facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get admitted to CTEVT?
CTEVT has a yearly intake system and the admission applications are called after the publication of SLC result. Students required to select, apply and take entrance examination and sucessful candidates can get admitted to their desired institute.
2. What are the minimum requirements for admission for Diploma/Certificate program?
For Health Programs – GPA – 2 with C in Math, English and Science
For Engineering Programs – GPA – 1.6 with C in Math and Science and D+ in English
3. Where should I apply the application?
You can drop your application form in your selected CTEVT constitute, TECS, affiliated and partnership.with your supporting required documents
4. Can I change the course/institute?
Course can be interchanged if curriculum matches and there is vacant seat in another course/institute.
5 How can I get transcript, certificates and migration?
Transcript, certificates and migration are distributed by Controller of Exmination of CTEVT. Graduates need to visit Sanothimi and submit the application form. Certificates are issued after 7 days of submission
7. How can I get equivalence certificate?
Equivalance certificates are issued by curriculum division of CTEVT. Graduates need to come at the division with attested supporting document and get certificates.
8. What are the documents required for it?
Attested copy of citizenship and transcript
9. How can i get list of institute?
Visit our CTEVT mapping system to get list of institutes and programs under it.